Stefan Feuerriegel: Katalogdaten im Herbstsemester 2018
|Name||Herr Prof. Dr. Stefan Feuerriegel|
Professur f. Wirtschaftsinformatik
ETH Zürich, WEV G 201
|Telefon||+41 44 632 06 93|
|Departement||Management, Technologie und Ökonomie|
|Beziehung||Assistenzprofessor (Tenure Track)|
|364-1064-00L||Inaugural Seminar - Doctoral Retreat |
Pre-registration upon invitation required.
Once your pre-registration has been confirmed, a registration in myStudies is possible.
|1 KP||1S||F. von Wangenheim, S. Brusoni, B. Clarysse, S. Feuerriegel, R. Finger, P. Schmid|
|Kurzbeschreibung||This course is geared towards first and second-year doctoral candidates of MTEC. It is held as in a workshop style. Students attending this seminar will benefit from interdisciplinary discussions and insights into current and future work in business and economics research.|
|Lernziel||The purpose of this course is to|
- introduce doctoral candidates to the world of economics, management and systems research at MTEC
- make doctoral candidates aware of silo-thinking in the specific sub-disciplines and encourage them to go beyond those silos
- discuss current issues with regard to substantive, methodological and theoretical domains of research in the respective fields
|364-1105-00L||Bayesian Data Science||1 KP||S. Feuerriegel|
|Kurzbeschreibung||This course introduces to the Bayesian approach to statistical modeling and further covers on how to formulate and evaluate Bayesian models.|
|Lernziel||Students will gain the ability to|
- understand the difference between frequentist statistics and Bayesian approaches
- formalize and implement Bayesian models in R/Stan.
- evaluate estimated models.
|Literatur||Students are asked to prepare Chapters 2 and 3 of the following book prior to the first course data:|
Richard McElreath (2016). Statstical Rethinking: A Bayesian Course with Examples in R and Stan. CRC Press.