James Allan: Catalogue data in Spring Semester 2020
|Name||Dr. James Allan|
|066-0418-00L||Whole Building Simulation |
Limited number of participants.
Priority will be given to MBS students.
|3 credits||3G||K. Orehounig, J. Allan|
|Abstract||This course discusses the application of whole building simulation in the design, operation, and retrofitting process of buildings and districts.|
|Objective||- Understand energy and mass conservation principles in the analysis of energy performance of buildings;|
- Use of building simulation in design, operation, and retrofitting process of buildings and districts;
- Integrating HVAC, renewable energy, storage technologies and district energy systems
- Annual simulations, system selection and sizing, heating and cooling calculations, summer comfort calculations
- Understand differences between building and district scale simulation
- Obtaining and interpreting simulation results, parametric studies and optimization results
|Prerequisites / Notice||Only a restricted number of places is available for this course. Priority will be given to MBS students. Please send an email to the lecturer after signing up in mystudies (if you are not a MBS student).|