401-3146-12L Algebraic Geometry
|Semester||Spring Semester 2016|
|Periodicity||yearly recurring course|
|Language of instruction||English|
|Abstract||This course is an Introduction to Algebraic Geometry (algebraic varieties and schemes).|
|Literature||The main reference for the course is |
* Robin Hartshorne, Algebraic Geometry, Graduate Texts in Mathematics, Springer.
For the exercises we will also use
* Joe Harris, Algebraic Geometry, A First Course, Graduate Texts in Mathematics, Springer.
There are also some very good texts that are freely available online. I recommend two of them:
* J.S. Milne, Algebraic Geometry, http://www.jmilne.org/math/CourseNotes/AG.pdf (mainly about abstract algebraic varieties - schemes only appear in the very end)
* Ravi Vakil, Foundations of Algebraic Geometry, http://math.stanford.edu/~vakil/216blog/ (quite abstract)
* I. R. Shafarevich, Basic Algebraic geometry 1 & 2, Springer-Verlag.
* Ulrich Görtz and Torsten Wedhorn, Algebraic Geometry I, Advanced Lectures in Mathematics, Springer.
* Jean Gallier and Stephen S. Shatz, Algebraic Geometry http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~jean/algeom/steve01.html
|Prerequisites / Notice||Requirement: Commutative Algebra course.|