140-0101-00L Discovering Regenerative Materials
|Semester||Spring Semester 2020|
|Lecturers||G. Habert, S. Claude|
|Periodicity||yearly recurring course|
|Language of instruction||English|
|Comment||Only for CAS in Regenerative Materials.|
|Abstract||Regenerative materials come in a wide variety of forms and compositions, from raw materials to industrialized construction systems. Knowing the specificities of these different materials is needed to adopt the appropriate constructive choice adapted to the socio-economic situation of the territory and the resource availability.|
|Objective||- Learn the diversity of regenerative materials. |
- Understand the material through its composition, implementation, LCA analysis and aesthetic.
- Take inspiration from vernacular architecture : think local - adopt a territorial approach.
- Grasp the fundamental relations existing between a specific construction choice, a level of industrialisation, and the material and immaterial resources available on the territory.
- Dare an innovative project which overcome legislative barriers and involve the inhabitants as early as possible in the design process.
- Learn how to develop solutions to move towards a regenerative architecture.
|Literature||A list of literature will be offered on a specific online platform, that could be used by all students attending the lectures|